Monday, April 4, 2011

parmesean chicken

I know this sounds so incredibly easy, it is! I usually use chicken breasts, but I wanted to try it with boneless chicken thighs, which were surprisingly good. I have this fear of finding ONE piece of fat on my chicken and it's over for me. I trimmed these up quite nicely and they were delicious. This recipe is from Ruth Reichl's The Gourmet Cookbook.
3 tbls dijon mustard
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 small skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 2 #'s) rinsed and patted dry
1 1/2 english muffins ( I use the whole wheat)
3/4 C parmigiano-reggiano
1 tbls unsalted butter, melted
I usually double up on above ingredients so that the chicken can get nicely coated.
Whisk together mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat well.
Pulse english muffins in a food processor until finely ground. Add cheese, butter and remaining pepper and pulse until well combined.
Dredge chicken one piece at a time in crumbs, coat completely and press gently so crumbs adhere. Transfer to baking dish . Bake until golden brown , about 15-20 minutes.
Truly easy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment