Monday, June 27, 2011

honey-lime salmon with confetti corn salad

O.K. My foodie friends, this is an absolute must! It tastes as beautiful as it looks!
It screams summer to me! Oh the fresh lime juice and lime zest in it is divine.
This recipe is so easy, not to mention cooking the salmon. I chose to broil the salmon , instead of putting it on the grill, keeping the flavors more simple and clean! What I've done in the past is to leave it to you to let me know if you would like the recipe, but I can't help to spill it all out for you now!
My dearest friend, Barbara gave me this recipe, and made it for me, all I could do or undo was a  button to allow more room! It was that comfortable full. You know what I mean??

1 tsp grated lime zest (I used more)
1/4 FRESH lime juice (I used more)
1 tbl canola (I used olive oil)
1 clove garlic, I used 3 (do you see a pattern?!!!)
2 tsp honey
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 ground pepper
4- 4oz salmon fillets
2 cups of fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 C chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped parsley ( I prefer the italian parsley)

1.  Combine the lime zest, lime juice, garlic , honey, s&p in a small bowl. Put 3 T of the lime mixture in a lg ziploc bag add the salmon. Refridgerate, turning the bag occasionally, about 30 min. Set the remaining dressing aside.

2. Preheat broiler , remove salmon from bag, and discard the marinade. Broil 5 inches from heat. I broiled the fish on parchment paper for 6 min only.  For moist tender fish the rule of thumb is to cook fish fillets 8-10 min per inch, I always undercook a bit , because once the salmon is out of the oven it is still cooking. Trust me on this one!

3. Plate salmon, top with the confetti corn salad! Sprinkle some parsley around the dish just for the beauty!

Any questions , simply contact me! xxx

2 comments:

  1. mmmm, i'm having a Friday night date night with your salmon recipe! Thanks Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely evening we had! it was a joy to cook for you...

    ReplyDelete